Windows 8.1 Problems with ASUS Laptop (multiple)
Asked by Timm68 on 11/23/2013 at 11:53 AM
After updating to Windows 8.1 I am having many different, annoying problems with my ASUS Laptop (N56DP-DH11). Many of them seem related to the graphics driver. The problem is that there are no graphics driver updates available, and since the computer uses AMD switchable graphics, it doesn't seem like drivers will be made available any time soon. One problem is that I can't change the screen brightness at all via keyboard buttons (FN+F3 / FN+F4) or via display settings. Another is that most programs only use about half of the screen's resolution including OpenOffice, iTunes, Steam, etc. resulting in blurriness. Another problem is that it often crashes with a blue screen, usually with the error message: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS)" and sometimes with other messages. I would love to be able to revert back to Windows 8.0, but all of my system restore points have been erased (presumably by Windows 8.1 design). The tools that were supposed to allow me to revert back to factory settings have also changed with Windows 8.1 and will not allow me to restore via "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" or via "Remove everything and reinstall windows" which are both locating in the Settings and also via pressing F9 while booting. When I attempt to refresh/restore it says refresh has failed, no changes have been made. I have tried to be as detailed as possible, please help.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer even i defined class path javac is not recognizing
- Answer What program can I use to extract audio from a video downloaded with realplayer downloader?
- Answer which is the best hosting plan ...godaddy or hostcats...?
- Answer My friend posted pics of my wedding via FLICKR. How can I access these to get prints?
- Answer I want to create a payment button on my website that will let the buyer download a file once they have paid.?