FLV Player Update Message
I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro on a desktop computer. Today, I got a notice on my monitor's screen stating I needed to update my FLV Player when I attempted to launch a URL. Being skeptical, I used my smartphone to search the Internet for information about FLV Players. Not finding anything bad about such players, I allowed the player to be updated. Now, everything is working fine again, but why would 8.1 need such a player to be updated and why wouldn't it have been updated during one of Microsoft's recent updates for 8.1? Is the update some sort of a scam or malware? In all my years of running Windows, I've never seen a message stating I need to update my FLV Player before.
There is one more thing. I believe the message was only involved with certain URLs launched with the Metro version of Internet Explorer 11.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer MVC Areaname / AreaRegistration: Is using slashes for subfolders acceptable?
- Answer PreparedStatement with parameterised where clause in select statement throwing Exception
- Answer Problems with resource leaks
- Answer Find table header that matches a class
- Answer How do you get number frequencies in a list, then index into another list?