Windows 8.1 network / internet issues
I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8.1 and I am having severe internet issues due purely to Windows 8.1 operating system.
I need to make this clear that there is no other possible explanation for what is causing the internet dropouts / slow speeds except Windows 8.1 (This is the only variable that has changed when I upgraded my OS since my router / hardware / computer distance from router is not a variable in this case).
The issue is my internet is running continuously slow combined with intermittent dropouts. Think of the connectivity as a sine wave. Sometimes it's at a peak (usually when I just start up the computer) and then it gradually slows to a slump where it sometimes drops out completely. This occurs for internet browsing for all browsers and downloading. I don't think it's relevant but I have a D-link wireless PCI card with a Netgear dgnd3700 router. All drivers have been updated to the latest versions.
I have tried every single solution found online. I have run all the suggested command prompt resets, disabled IVP6, changed the DNS connections to google (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) for IVP4 and the problem still occurs and it is very clearly a windows 8.1 issue.
This is happening for a lot of people and the usual "try updating your drivers, resetting the network adapter, restart the PC" etc. response will not suffice.
Please help. Thanks
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Windows 8 login using microsoft live account - password is invalid
- Answer where do i get windows 8 free and how long?
- Answer trouble with windows 8 upgrade
- Answer Why is the "install by creating media" option not available on windows 8 install screen?
- Answer how to stop touchpad from freezing up when playing a game and tapping on pad ,left button, and left arrow