Windows 8.1 Upgrade Activation issues?
Details first. My computer was a windows 7 PC purchased from Dell in 2012 with media center. I used the windowsupgradeoffer.com to purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. There was an additional offer to add on Media Center for free as well. I received my Windows 8 Pro Key with my purchase and a separate key to add on Media Center. Now when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 through the Store, my windows says it is not activated. I entered both keys for Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Media Center. both will not work. I called Microsoft support and after 2 hours on the phone, they said I need to buy a new key because I need a Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center, but I had Windows 8 Pro with Media Center (via a separate key add on) before upgrading to 8.1. Anyone else having similar issues? I feel I shouldn't have to pay again when I already paid last year!
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Java: Overlay a transparent color on top of a PNG with alpha channel
- Answer Adding Metadata to Instructions in LLVM IR
- Answer Making a drawing program that saves your drawing
- Answer Zend SQL Select ALL columns except one
- Answer java util logging calls methods even when log levels don't allow them