Adwcleaner is not safe?
Asked by arturoruiznerv on 10/20/2013 at 1:27 AM
I think that I deleted all the program files for web cake, Babylon toolbars, vgrabber and similar ones. event those hidden in temporary folders.
several scaners (microsoft, panda, ccleaner, malwarebytes..) told me that the pc is clean
then I looked in regedit and saw several keys still refering to those programs and others like zoomit which I had uninstalled
then I ran Adwcleaner and found many keys refering to the unwanted programs, I just dared to delete a few ones.
then I had the upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8.1 (does this correct the registry?)
Now I try to run the brand new version of Adwcleaner (downloaded from http://general-changelog-team.fr (not the mirror from CNET, as some users have doubts on whether they got infected there), but now I get so strong warnings from WOT about the website, and from Microsoft against running the last version of Adwcleaner that I doubt.
is http://general-changelog-team.fr more trustworthy than CNET?
Should I not run Adwcleaner?
Another better way to clean the registry of the obvious references to wholly uninstalled (I believe) malware?
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Windows Back-up not longer working
- Answer Phantom of Eldberg Contract - Can you access the Lighthouse afterwards?
- Answer How can I delete all blocks in a particular selection of chunks?
- Answer How to disable/enable land protection without losing ownership list in a minecraft server?
- Answer Reminders & iCloud sync