Windows 8.1 Activation Error 0xC004F012
Asked by Frazer Humbles on 10/17/2013 at 4:51 PM
I've had Windows 8 for good few months, upgraded from a previous windows Vista installation. About a month ago I installed an update which for some reason killed my mouse on start up. So I used a restore point to take it back to before the update and everything seemed fine.
Then I began to get requests to Activate my windows. No problem I thought, clicked the activation button as I did when I first installed windows 8.
No such luck, "The software licencing service reported that the call has failed because the value for the input key was not found 0xC004F012"
I read that as one of two things, Microsoft have lost my key their end or my installation doesn't know it's own key. I've re-entered my windows activation key but received the error "Key didn't work, please check it and try again, or try a different key"
Windows 8 is being nice enough to continue to let me use it only prompting me to activate once every 2 hours-ish but I would like to resolve this as I've got a genuine product and there's probably a restriction to pirates I haven't yet bumped into?
I've searched online for help with the issue but all the topics I've found relate to newly bought laptops or windows 7's version of the same error code.
And I don't really want to have to reinstall everything.
Many thanks in Advance
Posted by imrihard on 02/08/2014 at 10:42 AM
Can you answer these?
- Answer What is the highest scoring single kill possible without situational bonuses?
- Answer When connecting through a VNC viewer, where does the password from the "VNC viewers may control screen with password" come into play
- Answer Will PPC architecture allow me to use xcode for iOS? [on hold]
- Answer Since 8.1 update, media playback becomes super-slow, with no sound
- Answer What happened to the dynamic themes?