Today, JUST after I "Windows updated," I twice got the disconcerting message:
"18.104.22.168enRegInstaller.exe stropped working and was closed
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."
Any wisdom or experience with this? I'm on an elderly 64-bit HP Pavilion (dv7-1245dx) with that JUST-updated Windows OS (Vista Home Premium).
Posted by Rich on 09/10/2013 at 8:08 PM
Posted by RetroZilla on 09/16/2013 at 4:26 PMThat appears to be a part of the Bing Bar and is probably caused by mfc100u.dll missing from the system folder (system32 on 32 bit systems, SysWOW64 on 64 bit systems.) Finding mfc100u.dll and placing it there should fix the problem BUT I would recommend only getting that DLL from microsoft. The best solution would probably be to simply uninstall BingBar, download the new version and reinstall.
Can you answer these?
- Answer Strange behavious - Why function created is deterministic in one case while non deterministic in other case
- Answer setRetainInstance not retaining the instance
- Answer Is there a way to tell browsers to honor the jpeg exif orientation?
- Answer How to populate a NSPopUpButton with the user's favorite folders
- Answer Append clone or create DOM on the fly - What is better?