Today, JUST after I "Windows updated," I twice got the disconcerting message:
"126.96.36.199enRegInstaller.exe stropped working and was closed
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."
Any wisdom or experience with this? I'm on an elderly 64-bit HP Pavilion (dv7-1245dx) with that JUST-updated Windows OS (Vista Home Premium).
Posted by Rich on 09/10/2013 at 8:08 PM
Posted by RetroZilla on 09/16/2013 at 4:26 PMThat appears to be a part of the Bing Bar and is probably caused by mfc100u.dll missing from the system folder (system32 on 32 bit systems, SysWOW64 on 64 bit systems.) Finding mfc100u.dll and placing it there should fix the problem BUT I would recommend only getting that DLL from microsoft. The best solution would probably be to simply uninstall BingBar, download the new version and reinstall.
Can you answer these?
- Answer Word 2010 mail merge with table - cell displays "system" character
- Answer How to detect either document has been made by registered or not registered Office edition.
- Answer Hyperlink One Cell in Worksheet1 to Take You to Multiple Cells in Worksheet2
- Answer Need a fix for Appendix table and figure captions used in TOC
- Answer Something went wrong. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Try going online for additional help