Asked by Exsharaen on 08/01/2013 at 2:20 PM
Recently I have this BSOD of driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys) for two days (starting from 31 July). This BSOD occurs randomly, from when playing 3D games or just simply browsing the Internet using Google Chrome. Here is my computer information:
Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit (used for almost a year)
Antivirus: Windows Defender (no other antivirus installed, including avast)
Firewall: Windows Firewall (no other firewall instaled)
What troubles me is although my laptop is set to automatically reboot after crashes, it does not reboot during BSODs, even when the screen shows a 100% complete. I have to restart manually by forcing my laptop to shut down (which I know is not healthy for my computer). In this case, if I have not given enough time for the BSOD before restarting, it will not be logged. My laptop also shows an increased sign of activity (fan gets louder) but no HD indicator blinks.
I have tried to use a system restore back to 29 July to no avail. The closest changes to my laptop during that time was upgrading NetWorx from 5.2.8 to 5.2.9 (but it was at 28 July and no BSOD occured during that time until 31 July). At 31 July I only performed a Windows Update, ranging from a .NET update and Windows 8 update to a Canon MP170 (printer) driver update, but when Windows Update prompted me to restart, the very first BSOD appeared.
Any help would be appreciated.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Can you reinstall microsoft outlook2007 and change passwords?
- Answer SharePoint Designer?
- Answer Calendar Printing Assistant - Printing appointment color categories
- Answer I have office 2007 pro upgrade on a usb stick which was loaded from a previous copy of win 7 which is being rejected for an invalid key. Please advise. Thanks.
- Answer VBA scripts simplify