Windows 8.1 Locking up
I'm having a couple of issues that may or may not be related. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Samsung NP700Z7C Laptop with i7, 8 GB ram and a NVidia GeForce 650M. After a bit of use (an hour or two) I'll have an application lock up (usually IE, sometimes Chrome, OneNote, or Visual Studio). Once an application locks up every subsequent application I touch will move to a Not Responding state as well. Trying to access the Task Manager via the context menu on the Taskbar does nothing, doesn't even bring up task manager. If I then hit the Windows Key to get back to the start menu the whole PC will lock, leaving me looking at a blank screen with nothing but my background wallpaper. The only solution is a hard shutdown.
The other issue is with flash videos in IE. They will flicker about once every couple seconds. Maybe this is a graphics driver issue?
Posted by jakey on 11/20/2013 at 8:45 PM
Can you answer these?
- Answer Apache Derby using TRIGGER to update row in another table?
- Answer capistrano deployment script fails with Cisco AnyConnect VPN connection
- Answer Limitless count for occurrences in a list
- Answer C Program to copy one binary search tree to another
- Answer Groovy: the simplest way to detect duplicate, non-successive values in a list