Windows 8.1 reverts back to Window 8 - error 0x8007006 - 0x2000c
Asked by OviGrada on 07/01/2013 at 12:14 PM
Error id: 0x8007006 - 0x2000c
Steps I followed:
1. Deleted the update for Win 8.1 in the Store ( direct download from Store didn't work either)
2. Downloaded the ISO
3. Started Installation of Win 8.1. Everything works smoothly until the 2nd restart, after which it shows a message that it reverts to Win 8. Once it restarts again, the following message pops up:
"We couldn't install Windows 8.1 Preview.
We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 8.1 Preview.
0x8007006 - 0x2000c "
I use a Dell Latitude XT tablet pc, Win 8 Pro with WMC.
Posted by jsn on 10/19/2013 at 4:25 AM
Posted by John on 10/21/2013 at 2:46 AMHi,
I've done the following :
1.Installed all the important updates such as the ones who offer fixes and performance improvements NOT security ones. If your OS was set for automatic updates you should have already all the latest updates so ignore 1st step.
2 . Make sure you have enough space on C:. In my case I had only 4.0 GB and is not enough. The update will download 3.6GB in a temp folder and arter, it will expand another 10-12GB. Make sure you have minimum 15GB free space on C.
Can you answer these?
- Answer The Windows Security Center Service Can't Be Started - Windows 8
- Answer I've downloaded xp mode and virtual pc but xp mode isn't showing under virtual pc in the start menu. Why is this?
- Answer Windows Update frozen
- Answer new adapter problem
- Answer How do I print to HP LaserJet Professional P1102W from Windows Surface RT