Restrictions on accessing USB flash drive
Asked by Danny Sayco on 06/13/2013 at 1:43 AM
good day....i'm having problem with all USB flash drive...previously, i can see flash drives in My Computer and browse its contents but now Windows does not show it anymore in My Computer. Windows can still recognize flash drives but will show it under Devices instead of under My Computer. However, when I tried to browse the contents of the flash drive, I encountered this message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Because of this restrictions, I can no longer browse and access my files in my flash drive. I check my user account and see that I am log in as an administrator.
I already tried the solution of uninstalling and re-installing the USB controllers and editing the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\USBSTOR "start=3") but to no avail. The problem is still there. I still can't access the files in my flash drive. By the way, my flash drives are working perfectly fine in other computers.
Please help...thank you very much.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Unplugging USB Devices Causes Windows 8.1 Pro to Freeze
- Answer Can't get camera to operate in Snapchat using bluestacks.
- Answer Samsung Galaxy SIII driver won't install to computer Windows 7, IE11
- Answer What's the deal with the weird enemy names in Zelda? [on hold]
- Answer Are the apps that I download from the OS X app store sandboxed?