Windows 7 Media Center: Channel Scan - System.EntryPointNotFoundException
My Windows 7 Media Center has been running fine for a couple of years, a few days ago some TV channels lost their EPG and I then ran the Channel Scan which got as far as downloading the guide, then crashed as it appeared to be starting to scan the channels:
System.EntryPointNotFoundException was unhandled
Message=Entry point was not found.
I've removed and reinstalled Media Center in the Windows 7 Features and cleared it's database using "mcupdate -MediaCenterRecoveryTask" and removed all recent Windows Updates (but not security fixes) and tried a different USB TV tuner but it still crashes. As far as I know everything but the Channel Scan works fine. I don't often scan for channels so don't know when it went wrong but can't think of any new software that would have affected it.
Presumably from the exception I now have two incompatible pieces of software on the machine, but what are they and how can I fix it?
Any ideas please...
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Windows Media 12.0.7601 - Media usage rights error message
- Answer How to resolve error code 2502, 2503 while uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight.
- Answer What number is a multiple of 3 a factor of 42 and is odd?
- Answer What are some interesting facts about Nampa Idaho?
- Answer Is 222 an odd or even number?