Why won't SimCity Societies run at all on Windows 8
Asked by WilliamHT1 on 02/28/2013 at 2:13 PM
I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 for $15. Microsoft promised that all software that ran on Windows 7 would run on Windows 8. That is not true. I played SimCity Societies on my computer before I upgraded to Windows 8 and it ran fine and didn't crash. When I tried to play it on Windows 8 Pro, it wouldn't start. I got a message that said that the program encountered and error and needed to close. Even when I reinstalled SimCity Societies, I got the same result. I even tried running it in compatibility mode. Is there any way to get this game to work?
Posted by Sevenoften7 on 03/11/2013 at 6:09 PMHi there,
I just ran into the same problem with Windows 8 64-bit and Sim City Societies. You have to install the windows 2005 redistributable SP1 X64 package before.
The everything will be alright.
You find it here:
For 32-bit systems, google for the x86 Package.
Take care and have fun.
Posted by Sevenoften7 on 03/11/2013 at 6:33 PMNext problem was installing the OFFICIAL 1.5 Patch.
Before you do this, you have to deactivate (or disable) Windows Smart Screen.
To do this:
1. Open up the classic control panel, and select the System and Security link.
2. Now select the Action Center option.
3. Once you are in the Action Center expand the security list, and scroll down looking for the Windows SmartScreen option. Once you have found it click the change settings link.
4.You will most likely be prompted by UAC to enter your password, now you can totally turn off the SmartScreen Filter. Change the radio button from the default to the bottom option.
5. After installation has been completed, please activate the Windows Smart Screen again.
There you go.
Posted by Ayberk on 04/27/2013 at 1:42 PM
Can you answer these?
- Answer Reserved Win10, upgraded from Win7 HP to Win7 Pro, icon reappeared... will I get correct version of Win10?
- Answer SFC /SCANNOW - Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files
- Answer In Windows Live Mail "publishing photo album"
- Answer Windows Store App update breaks People App [Repeatable] [Event log error Inside]
- Answer Windows 10 Military CAC access sites