Error Code 8007007E when installing KB2761494
Asked by pacasheldon on 12/23/2012 at 8:13 PM
I have read the two posts about the same issue and followed the three methods posted by as replies. Using the three suggested methods I have the following problems:
Method 1 - Clean boot - This does not work, still get the message "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting Changes"
Method 2 - Troubleshooting using Microsoft "Fixit", I am download it fine, but when it begins installing it is unable and says it cannot open the ".diagcab" file
Method 3 - Which is resetting Windows Update also says can't open hte ".diacab" file.
I ran a sfc/scannow and it says that it found corrupt files but was unable to fix. I can give you the details if you can tell me how to read the log.
Update KB2753842 was successful.
The computer is a Compaq Presario
Running Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 2
32bit Operating System
I am also runnging Norton 360, subscription is current.
Please help with any suggestions to fix this. While I have norton, I do want the computer to have the current patches/updates.
Thank you .
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer JVM cant map reserved memory when running in Docker container
- Answer R data.table: Selecting minimum value of chron within group
- Answer C# Regex which matches positive and have two decimal places
- Answer Ruby private attr_accessor and unexpected nil
- Answer Sublime Text 3: do not close tabs automatically