windows couldn't connect to the windows all-user install agent service
Asked by Agusriyadi on 12/20/2012 at 3:50 PM
I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 Pro for about a week.
This laptop is used so far for web browsing only. No additional program installed. So pretty much standard windows.
But today when I login using ordinary user account I get the following message
Windows couldn't connect to the windows all-user install agent service. Please consult your system administrator.
This is quite weird as it is a standard windows with no change ever made, none any program installed.
The product supposed to have 90 days support from Microsoft. But it is very hard to find how to contact Microsoft regarding this, and I can only find this forum.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer How can I register my copy of MS Office 2010 to get free upgrade to Office 365 ?
- Answer I have Office Home and Student 2010 which allows 3 installations. Are they used up ?
- Answer Office 2013 - Win8, check registry if installed
- Answer Visio Downgrade and Not updating within Programs and Features.
- Answer How can I scroll in Word?