Error 0x80070485 when upgrading from XP SP3 to Windows 8
Asked by tokyodave on 12/02/2012 at 3:06 AM
When I run windows 8 setup (upgrading from XP SP3) I get the error "setup is unable to launch install.exe. One of the library files required to run this application can't be found error 0x80070485".
My XP is fully up to date with all updates installed.
Any help would be appreciated.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer BSOD when installing new OS
- Answer When I try to view a video with DRM, I get a message that a component of Windows media player needs to be upgraded...
- Answer How does an administrator get rid of malware or run fixes when MSremote remote access Trusted Installer denies them access? two years and 3 months still waiting
- Answer Windows Vista OS in Standby, Turns on by itself?
- Answer Desktop Background appears 150% larger only when I un-check "show desktop icons".