Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"
Asked by BillDolan on 12/01/2012 at 8:00 PM
I am trying to connect my laptop with a fresh install of windows 8 pro to an existing homegroup from windows 7 but am getting the following error:
"Windows no longer detects a homegroup on the network"
The main computer is hosting it properly as I left the group with a different computer and reconnected and that was fine.
So far I have ensured that the time is set properly on all the computers.
None of them are the same name.
I tried with my internet security program disabled.
checked the services on the computers are running.
and ran that troubleshootin program and that didnt help
any ideas why this might not be working work be appreciated?
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer PowerQuery Initialization of the data source failed - Excel 2013 on Windows 7 Using Excel Workbooks on SharePoint as PowerQuery data source
- Answer outlook accounts and folders are missing
- Answer Changing Windows 10 32Bit to Windows 10 64Bit
- Answer Wish List in Films and TV App
- Answer Writing/Burning DVD Discs with Windows 10.