Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"
Asked by BillDolan on 12/01/2012 at 8:00 PM
I am trying to connect my laptop with a fresh install of windows 8 pro to an existing homegroup from windows 7 but am getting the following error:
"Windows no longer detects a homegroup on the network"
The main computer is hosting it properly as I left the group with a different computer and reconnected and that was fine.
So far I have ensured that the time is set properly on all the computers.
None of them are the same name.
I tried with my internet security program disabled.
checked the services on the computers are running.
and ran that troubleshootin program and that didnt help
any ideas why this might not be working work be appreciated?
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer What tutorials does Dota 2 have except those via training available?
- Answer Where and when can I craft bombs?
- Answer How can I systemwide check if a shortcut is in use or has been registered?
- Answer KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED errors along with failed chkdsk and DISM
- Answer problem in windows updating