Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"
Asked by BillDolan on 12/01/2012 at 8:00 PM
I am trying to connect my laptop with a fresh install of windows 8 pro to an existing homegroup from windows 7 but am getting the following error:
"Windows no longer detects a homegroup on the network"
The main computer is hosting it properly as I left the group with a different computer and reconnected and that was fine.
So far I have ensured that the time is set properly on all the computers.
None of them are the same name.
I tried with my internet security program disabled.
checked the services on the computers are running.
and ran that troubleshootin program and that didnt help
any ideas why this might not be working work be appreciated?
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Verification Controller problems
- Answer How to schedule a slide show to start at a pre-specified time?
- Answer How to set fixed print area in excel so that the cells within the print area can be modified, but the size of the print area itself never changes?
- Answer Shared Inbox - Rules Picking out parts of words.
- Answer App For Instragram????