.NET Framework 4 Problems with TurboTax 2013 installation
Installed TurboTax 2013 and it was working fine. I installed .NET Framework 4.5.1 along with some NVIDIA updates and a UpdateusUser account was created. After doing a system restore to get rid of the User folder, the TurboTax 2013 would not work any more. This had something to do with .Net Framework 4 corrupted.
I posted this on a TurboTax Forum:
After manually uninstalling the TurboTax folders, I finally uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled the .NET 4 programs per Microsoft instructions.. I was able to install the TurboTax CD to clean out the rest of the TurboTax 2013 installation and reinstall TurboTax 2013. Whew! I thought I would have to go back to original computer state. I also updated the .NET 4 installation with 15 Windows updates. Low and behold TurboTax 2013 opened after that also.
( I did create a few restore points along the way)
My real question to the Microsoft Forum is as follows:
There is a .NET Framework 4.5.1 update waiting in my Windows update folder. I Don't know whether to install it or not. That may have been what got me in trouble in the first place. There were also a couple of .NET Framework 1 installations which were deleted using the .NET Cleanup Tool. They didn't show up in the Windows update. Are the .NET Framework 1 installations required. or not.
Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer Purchased a "pre-loaded Win 7 home basic laptop--LENOVO" 2 months back. 3 to 4 times in two months I got Blue Screen and then re-start
- Answer You want to check your PF blance?
- Answer When is hollister opening in Exeter?
- Answer Why mountaineers carry oxygen cylinders with them?
- Answer How many timrs do you pump a Benjamin Franklin model 137 air pistol?