USB mouse not working after Windows 8.1 Update.
Asked by DaniTaillefer on 12/03/2013 at 11:23 AM
I updated to Windows 8.1 on Thursday and everything was fine. I moved over the weekend so I had to take my computer apart. When I was setting it up, my mouse and keyboard worked just fine. When I plugged in my Cintiq 22HD, however, my mouse abruptly stopped working. My keyboard still works, my Cintiq works, but my mouse does not. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for both, I have tried multiple ports for the mouse, I have tried different mice, I have restarted, etc. I have tried unplugging my Cintiq also and rebooting, but still the mouse doesn't work.
Many people have suggested disabling the XHCI option in the BIOS, but considering all of my other USB devices DO work (my keyboard, my printer, my speakers, etc.) I'm not sure this will work for me. Any suggestions? I need my computer for work so this is incredibly inconvenient...
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer When in Hibernation Mode, is it normal to wake up with the keyboard or mouse?
- Answer Can not activate windows. All I did was replace my motherboard. Why is this?
- Answer why won't my photo app read my picture library?
- Answer Can't access HomeGroup in one direction only, from one user only
- Answer windows can't communicate with the deviceor resource (primaary DNS server)