USB mouse not working after Windows 8.1 Update.
Asked by DaniTaillefer on 12/03/2013 at 11:23 AM
I updated to Windows 8.1 on Thursday and everything was fine. I moved over the weekend so I had to take my computer apart. When I was setting it up, my mouse and keyboard worked just fine. When I plugged in my Cintiq 22HD, however, my mouse abruptly stopped working. My keyboard still works, my Cintiq works, but my mouse does not. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for both, I have tried multiple ports for the mouse, I have tried different mice, I have restarted, etc. I have tried unplugging my Cintiq also and rebooting, but still the mouse doesn't work.
Many people have suggested disabling the XHCI option in the BIOS, but considering all of my other USB devices DO work (my keyboard, my printer, my speakers, etc.) I'm not sure this will work for me. Any suggestions? I need my computer for work so this is incredibly inconvenient...
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer HOW MUCH DOES THE MINECRAFT GAME ON XBOX 360 COST?
- Answer Need help with WMV files corrupted on import or export because of Windows update
- Answer i cant log into adminstrer
- Answer Why, when I right click on XP Mode desktop or in a pane to create a new folder, does it keep shutting down?
- Answer Is windows 8 is **** hopeless or what. Bunck of twats. "Refresh" should read "destroy", mail programme doesnt work, apps are ****. I hate Microsoft