"We weren’t able to connect the Store" when trying to install Windows 8.1
Asked by CinosModnar on 11/25/2013 at 11:58 PM
I hear this is a common problem. Anyway, today I tried to install Windows 8.1 through the store app (my computer notified me that I could do so, so I clicked on the notification, sending me to the store). However, whenever I access the Windows 8 Store app, I get this error:
"We weren't able to connect to the store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again."
I have tried the following suggestions:
- Changing to local account
- Checking Proxy Settings and disabling Proxifier (an app that tunnels all connections through a proxy, and I have restarted after disabling it).
- Running the Apps Troubleshooter
- Synchronizing time with time.windows.com
- Checking for an unverified account
- Installing latest updates with Windows Update (all updates install fine)
- Typing "netsh winhttp reset proxy" and "wsreset" into command line.
Are there any other known fixes short of refreshing/re-installing Windows? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for reading and/or responding.
No responses yet. Be the first one!
Can you answer these?
- Answer My squads die all the time when goblins come
- Answer Play Legend on Dungeon hotseat over the Internet [closed]
- Answer my google earth won't start in DirectX mode or openGL because it's not supported.. how and who do i get it supported from?
- Answer Cant send mail
- Answer For John Barnett MVP _ or any other technowizard that can hear me!!