beeping sound, maybe after mse uninstallContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Like many "beep plagued" users, I have, of course, searched the internet, and there are lots of specific scenarios addressed. But what I need is some overview of how to troubleshoot this problem.
My system: Windows 7 ultimate 64, ASUS P9X79-DELUXE, Intel i7 3930K, 24GB RAM (home built about a year ago)
No new changes in the system except for uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials. Disappointingly, it wouldn't uninstall the easy way, and I had to try to search for obscure registry entries and delete them. I also ran the
mseremoval.bat program, located here:
Actually I went through the whole litany as also outlined here:
So I suspect something in this complex task caused some issue which is now producing my "beep" issue. Details follow:
The beep is more or less every 10 seconds. It comes in a series of two slightly different sounds: da-DAH, and DAH-da, sort of a sequence of two.
I've looked in Device manager, checked all the USB connections, etc. The sound comes both through the speakers and with headphones bypassing the speakers.
I guess you'll tell me to go back to do a restore point before I messed with the mse installation. But won't that put me back where I started?
Many thanks for any suggestions.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
beeping sound, maybe after mse uninstall
Can you answer these?
- Answer i have windows 7 profressional with service pack 1 in a compressed folder and i need to install it on a computer that cant log into windows. how do i put it on a disk and install it on that computer
- Answer try to to do recovery but says im missing files
- Answer Windows 8 PRO Media Center DisplayPort HDCP Issue - Known problem by Microsoft and NOT FIXED - WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED
- Answer I can not view photo attachment form my email!
- Answer Network Programs & Modern UI havent access to internet
- Answer No Windows 8.1 update available in the Store
- Answer free product key ?
- Answer Unknown message
- Answer Who is the best, windows or Android ?
- Answer After upgrading windows 8 on my Acer Aspire V3-571 downloading speed is very unstable