Internet Explorer 11 fails to install -Error Code 9C59Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
I am having problems getting IE11 to install on my desktop running Windows7 64bit.
Windows update downloads the file and trys to install but fails with above error message. Having searched the above error code, most refer to updating to IE10.
I am not sure if the problem is with windows update or IE11.
I tried downloading directly from Microsoft and it also failed to install.
I tried installing with a clean boot and that hasn't worked.
Disconnected from the internet and disabled Norton and that didn't work.
Tried the System Update Readiness Tool. Didn't fix issue.
Ran SFC /scannow. no faults.
tried deleting system32/catoot2 folder to no avail.
Cant do a system restore as my restore points are only from the last week and I've been scratching my head linger than that
Any help appreciated.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Internet Explorer 11 fails to install -Error Code 9C59
Can you answer these?
- Answer my save as function has no save button.
- Answer error 800705Bs
- Answer Error While connecting to the internet with Windows 8
- Answer my battery isn't working right
- Answer Webcal and other links
- Answer Maximum power of processor
- Answer Windows 8 network button or \\server don't work.
- Answer alternative download
- Answer Updates don't worfk
- Answer Security Certificate Error in IE 8