Windows 8.1 network / internet issuesContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8.1 and I am having severe internet issues due purely to Windows 8.1 operating system.
I need to make this clear that there is no other possible explanation for what is causing the internet dropouts / slow speeds except Windows 8.1 (This is the only variable that has changed when I upgraded my OS since my router / hardware / computer distance from router is not a variable in this case).
The issue is my internet is running continuously slow combined with intermittent dropouts. Think of the connectivity as a sine wave. Sometimes it's at a peak (usually when I just start up the computer) and then it gradually slows to a slump where it sometimes drops out completely. This occurs for internet browsing for all browsers and downloading. I don't think it's relevant but I have a D-link wireless PCI card with a Netgear dgnd3700 router. All drivers have been updated to the latest versions.
I have tried every single solution found online. I have run all the suggested command prompt resets, disabled IVP6, changed the DNS connections to google (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) for IVP4 and the problem still occurs and it is very clearly a windows 8.1 issue.
This is happening for a lot of people and the usual "try updating your drivers, resetting the network adapter, restart the PC" etc. response will not suffice.
Please help. Thanks
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Windows 8.1 network / internet issues
Can you answer these?
- Answer system_service_exception problems with Windows 8
- Answer windows 8 - How do you get past administrative unlock screen
- Answer "Not running Genuine Windows? - Yes, I am!
- Answer Error message: "To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK.
- Answer girlfriends stepdads computer.
- Answer Is this a legitimate COA??
- Answer How to personalise the signature in Mail App
- Answer Cannot install any programs
- Answer Ressetting windows8
- Answer Windows Explorer crashes when the context menu is selected