Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
We understand that many customers are receiving error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1. This error is typically caused by an incompatible driver.
If you are receiving this error:
First, please double-check the error code. There are many variations of error 0xC1900101, each with a different location code -- the error extension, located after the dash. The information in this thread is intended only for location code 0x40017. If you are receiving a different location code, these steps are unlikely to resolve your issue.
Check that you’ve already updated all of your drivers. In particular, if you have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, make sure you’ve installed the latest NVIDIA drivers.
Check that you do not have any SteelSeries products that support the SteelSeries Engine installed on your PC. The SteelSeries Engine software is currently not supported on Windows 8.1. Please uninstall the software before attempting to update to Windows 8.1.
If you’ve confirmed that you’ve tried all of these steps and you’re still receiving error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017, we would like to collect more information with the following automated utility: https://support.microsoft.com/sdp/0B16BCDA3834363631333837363579.
Please run this automated utility and, at the end, push the button to send files to Microsoft. (You can also choose to save the information to your desktop.) If you get a message that says the utility has already expired, that is OK – it means we have already collected enough sample files to work with.
We will review the logs and see if there is anything common that could be causing this error (other than the causes that are already known). We appreciate your help in collecting this information.
P.S. Analyzing this many logs will take time. We will post a fix or solution as soon as we have confirmed additional sources for this error.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1
Can you answer these?
- Answer Free Watch St. Louis Rams vs Arizona Cardinals live streaming NFL Football Week 1 now Satellite TV broadcast
- Answer does Windows call me on the phone?
- Answer Blue screen: Stop error code 0x0000009c
- Answer Ipod 7th generation and Iphone in windows 8.1
- Answer KB2760769 ~ BSOD, Repeatedly
- Answer how to enable WkCalRem on windows xp
- Answer Dual Monitor Setup Problems on HP-400-034 Pavilion Slimline Desktop PC
- Answer "Silly" Playstation Eye
- Answer Performance Influence of Wiping Hard Disk
- Answer Media Library is Corrupted in Windows 8.1 Preview