Windows 8.1 Upgrade Activation issues?Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Details first. My computer was a windows 7 PC purchased from Dell in 2012 with media center. I used the windowsupgradeoffer.com to purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. There was an additional offer to add on Media Center for free as well. I received my Windows 8 Pro Key with my purchase and a separate key to add on Media Center. Now when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 through the Store, my windows says it is not activated. I entered both keys for Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Media Center. both will not work. I called Microsoft support and after 2 hours on the phone, they said I need to buy a new key because I need a Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center, but I had Windows 8 Pro with Media Center (via a separate key add on) before upgrading to 8.1. Anyone else having similar issues? I feel I shouldn't have to pay again when I already paid last year!
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Windows 8.1 Upgrade Activation issues?
Can you answer these?
- Answer bad_pool_caller
- Answer Updated to Windows 8.1- display not stretched to full screen
- Answer Left click not working on HP laptop
- Answer E-mail allegedly fromthe support team
- Answer Windows 8 installation has failed during upgrade installation
- Answer Login problem with windows 8
- Answer windows firewall is not turning on. says'Action center can't turn on firewall'
- Answer Microsoft excel 2007 freezes when sending as an attachment
- Answer When I try to change priority for a program in the taskmanager I get must be administrator. I am logged in as administrator.
- Answer Unable to install any updates.