BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure on Windows 8.1Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
I've just upgraded my computer to a i7 4770k/new MB/SSD, and did a clean install of windows 8.1. I've done all the normal tests on my cpu/ram/gpu and all of those seem to be working perfectly.
- Trying to install Intel INF installation (i was able to later install this driver by using onboard video instead of my graphics card)
- Saving a file form my Avermedia c127 capture software. (please note there is no windows 8.1 driver for this, but it works most of the time)
- Switching tabs on Firefox.
- Watching a YouTube clip.
- Installing audio card drivers.
2-3 times today i got this error and the computer restarted:
And got the following from the event tracker, these events have been consistent with every crash:
6:06:06: Kernel-Boot - There are 0x1 boot options on this system.
6:06:06: Kernel-Boot -The bootmgr spent 0 ms waiting for user input.
6:06:06: Kernel-Boot -The boot type was 0x0.
6:06:06: Kernel-General - The operating system started at system time 2013-10-20T07:06:06.384384900Z.
6:06:06: Kernel-Boot -The last shutdown's success status was false. The last boot's success status was true.
6:06:07: FilterManager -File System Filter 'WdFilter' (6.3, 2013-08-22T22:39:34.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
6:06:07: FilterManager -File System Filter 'FileInfo' (6.3, 2013-08-22T22:38:45.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
6:06:08: Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs) - Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume7) is healthy. No action is needed.
6:06:08: (error) volmgr - Crash dump initialization failed!
6:06:08: FilterManager -File System Filter 'npsvctrig' (6.3, 2013-08-22T22:38:22.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
6:06:08: (critical) Kernel-Power -The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
6:06:10 - 16 -Bunch of entries daysing my drives are healthy--
6:06:16: Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power)
- Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:
Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (2 state(s))
Performance state type: ACPI Performance (P) / Throttle (T) States
Nominal Frequency (MHz): 3501
Maximum performance percentage: 100
Minimum performance percentage: 22
These are my specs:
GA-Z87X-UD5 MB - New
i7 4770k CPU - New
80GB Intel SSD - New
Gigabyte 7950 OC GPU
GSkill Ripjaw 16gb RAM
Antec Neo Eco 620w PSU
3TB HDD (Seagate)
Any deas whats wrong?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure on Windows 8.1
Can you answer these?
- Answer Downloading from internet to external hard drive
- Answer F6 driver installation caused 4096 error during setup
- Answer Just installed Windows, missing drivers
- Answer Initial login is not working. Been using same password for five years and tonight's login is now invalid. Is there an override?
- Answer How do I fix these corrupt files, please?
- Answer Windows Installer Cannot Be Accessed
- Answer Error Code: 0x8024001e
- Answer Ressourcen-manager shows blnk sreen
- Answer Windows 8 Pro - Remote Desktop always has invalid credentials.
- Answer To download I.E. 9 for xp pro. what is the version