Cannot start BITS serviceContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Recently when I started Nero ControlCenter on my laptop running Windows XP Service Pack 3 with all updates installed and opened the Update tab of the program, it said Nero Update is not available. I googled for it and found that the Nero Update service
was not running which was mandatory for the Update/Online Options tab of Nero ControlCenter . When I manually tried running the service it gave me an error saying "Could not start the Nero Update service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service
or group failed to start." There were two dependencies of the service, the first one was Remote Procedure Call (RPC) which was running correctly, and the second one was @%SystemRoot%\system32\qmgr.dll,-1000 which was not running. When I tried to start it,
it said "Could not start @%SystemRoot%\system32\qmgr.dll,-1000 service on Local Computer. Error 1290: 0x50a". I then googled for qmgr.dll and found a few fixes for the BITS service. I tried the Microsoft Fix It tool on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-in but
nothing happened, so I tried the 'Let me fix it myself' section and nothing happened as well. Then I tried the fix from http://www.philmorgan.net/techie-tools/windows-update-bits-background-intelligent-transfer-service-fix-batch-file-for-windows-xp and
again the result was nothing. I don't want to reinstall Windows XP(and all the updates) as after a few months its going to die(but I want to use it till the end).
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Cannot start BITS service
Can you answer these?
- Answer why is snmp.exe using 99% of cpu processing power
- Answer ICH KANN EINE PPS DATEI NICHT MIT EXPORER ÖFFNEN
- Answer Lync 2010 - Different Tone for Internal vs External Calls
- Answer windows warranty
- Answer Unable to install the latest Windows 8 driver for HP Photosmart B209a
- Answer windows firewall cannot be turned on. windows xp sp3
- Answer My printer does not show up on the devices list in Windows 8...please help!
- Answer Windows Mail App can't load large messages, won't allow for a reply.
- Answer I am having trouble connecting to ATTRS, Has anyone been able to find solution? I have CAC card reader
- Answer Windows 7 ipv6 can only see local subnet