Windows 8 Error Message: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failedContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
I woke up this morning to find this error message on my less than a month old HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One PC. I powered the system down, waited a few minutes and turned it on again, but it did not boot up correctly. I received a message that the drive was scanned but could not be repaired. It then asked me if I wanted to restore the computer from a previous point and I clicked on the restore button. Nothing happened. I waited about ten more minutes and decided to power down again since nothing was going on. I waited a few minutes again before turning it back on and when I did turn it on, the HP start up screen came on but nothing else. I left the system alone for about an hour and a half while I ran some errands and came back to a black screen. I then decided to power it down again. When I turned it on this time I got the HP start up screen along with a "scanning and repairing drive (c:)" message. Once this was completed, the system booted up and went to the normal Windows 8 startup screen but it was working very slowly. Internet, programs, etc all were loading very slowly if anything at all. I contemplated powering it down again but after a few minutes everything seemed to be working as normal. Programs were loading normally and at regular speed. Left for a few more hours and returned to another Windows 8 error message "No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed." Again, I powered it down, waited, and the powered it back up to another "scanning and repairing drive (c:)" message. It again went through the whole stat up process but his time Windows seems to be running at normal speed.
Can anyone tell me what is going on with this computer?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Windows 8 Error Message: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed
Can you answer these?
- Answer Compaq CQ60-211DX No Sound Choppy Video
- Answer Sharp AR M257 will not install on Windows 8. Are there going to be drivers available?
- Answer Down loading
- Answer unable to srat computer in run
- Answer Cannot Add People Favorites
- Answer Reinstall 8 upgrade, no media
- Answer I need to know how to uninstall vista.
- Answer unable to use windows update even after installing KB947821
- Answer Can I convert a WindowsXP movie maker project to a Windows8 Windows Live Movie Maker project? I have tried to open a project file to no avail.
- Answer cd play fault