git cherry-pick picks too muchContent on this page is from Stackoverflow
Has anybody else figured out strange behavior of
I have a big repository and just cherry picked a commit from another branch. The cherry picking resulted in conflicts. Then when resolving the conflicts I saw that the cherry pick introduced changes that where not made by the commit I picked nor part of
Could somebody please explain how git is working here? When does git pick more than the actual changes that where introduced by the commit to pick?
The file may diverged a lot in both branches..
My problem is less the current conflict but more that I might picked changes in the past that shouldn't come into that branch because git decided to introduce older changes too.
I'm sorry for the confusion, but by now I'm really confused and need help understanding what git did here..
So my main question is, should I worry about cherry picks that git didn't complain about? Can I be sure that git just picked the changes introduced by the commit to pick?
And the second question is: When does git put changes into the conflict state of the file that where neither part of the
HEAD file nor part of the commit to pick.
Thanks in advance!
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
git cherry-pick picks too much
Can you answer these?
- Answer Addition between 32 bit unsigned and 32 bit signed numbers
- Answer How do i add an array to an activerecord class in rails
- Answer ASP.NET - making mailto links from SQL Database
- Answer DuplicateKeyException using AttachAll. Linq To Sql
- Answer jquery click and cookies
- Answer Technology choice for a service that .NET 2.0 clients will consume
- Answer GWT: "unrecognized calling format": What does it mean?
- Answer How to resolved Multiple Address in Bonjour based ios application?
- Answer Detect if sound is playing/managing toggle button
- Answer jquery animation - move a object from a div to another