HP Envy M6 wifi driver problemContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
My HP Envy M6 laptop does not give me the option to connect to a wireless internet connection. I think the wireless driver has been deleted or corrupted but am not sure because I have tried installing the networking drivers from the HP website but nothing seems to change when they have been installed.
Here are some things which may help trying to figure out what is happening here:
-I have had the laptop for 4 months and have used wireless before, but have been using an Ethernet cable for the past couple of weeks
-when the flight mode button is pressed it just says flight mode on, then flight mode off next time it is pressed, the light remains orange all the time
-if you go to networks there is only an option for Ethernet connections, no wifi/wireless and no mention of flight mode
-whenever there is no Ethernet cable plugged in the icon for networking only has red cross over the Ethernet icon, not the icon to show there are wireless connections available (my router is fine as my old laptop, parent's laptop and my iPod are currently connected to it)
-when I try to troubleshoot it says there is nothing wrong when the Ethernet cable is plugged in, and asks me to plug one in when it isn't
-I have gone to device manager and under network adapters there are "Microsoft Kernal Debug Network adapter" and "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller", both are 'working properly'
-I have reinstalled "Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows" "Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8" and "Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver" from the HP website
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
HP Envy M6 wifi driver problem
Can you answer these?
- Answer Unable to Launch Calendar/Mail/People App after leaving Domain
- Answer Talon Soft's Battleground Series games
- Answer How to re-install Window 8 after Hyper-V miss?
- Answer When installing age of empires 3 it progresses quite far before it reports an error, and to verify if file sound.bar is on the disc or not (cd 2).
- Answer I HAVE A HP PAVILION DV7 AND I TRY TO SEE MY PICTURES IN MY TV. MY HDMI DEVICE WAS LOST, HOW I CAN RECOVERED?
- Answer when go how to video buffers then when i hit play it plays for 2 to 4 sec. and stops
- Answer HELP ME , windows 7 not so good
- Answer how do i extract audio from a video in movie maker?
- Answer USB PORT 3.0 IS WORKING SLOW IN SONY VIAO SVE14123CNW
- Answer when i turn my laptop on, it will upload to only the window's logo and does nothing else after that....what can i do ?