Canon MX922 Printer Driver fails to installContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Running Windows 8 64bit on an XPS8500 from Dell.
I recently bought an MX922 printer and repeated attempts to install the driver fail. It's a multifunction device and the drivers for the scanner and FAX install normally. I am using an installer from the Canon site that is quite recent, last updated while
I've been struggling with this problem. The latest version of the driver install program fails as well.
I finally simply plugged in the printer to the PC after unintalling all the canon software. (and the alway popular re-boot)
Still no printer but Device Manager reported an unknown device.
I 'manually' installed a driver for that device via the device manager and it reported two driver options.
When I tried to install the MX920 series printer driver, it failed but gave me the following mysterious explanation:
"the printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT4.0 drivers"
I found a few references to this issue with Windows Vista but nothing for Windows 8.
Does anyone know if or how I can alter my PC's policy on NT4.0 drivers, or know of a different work-around?
Canon support has thrown up their hands weeks ago.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Canon MX922 Printer Driver fails to install
Can you answer these?
- Answer any camera app does not work. skype, facebook chat.. :/ please help me!!!!!!!! very important.
- Answer Automatic scroll of favorites list in start menu stops before reaching the bottom
- Answer Live Mail calendar 1 day out of sync with Windows 8
- Answer Unable to update .Net 4 getting error HRESULT 0xc8000247
- Answer Why doesnt windows 8 play music thru 5.1 sound just 2.1 but it does with movies..?
- Answer Flash professional CS6 no se abre con windows 8.1
- Answer Pictures library How to activate Mix Slide Show
- Answer windows 8 metro not responding. mouse and keyboards not working
- Answer Error Code 0x80240022 Vodu Variant Trojan Infection Destroys MSE and Hijacks the computer imediatly.
- Answer How do you download the 32 bit version of Access 2010 trial?