my office 2013 product key does not workContent on this page is from Microsoft Office Community
Date Published: 05/24/2013 3:01 AM
I am trying to install Office 2013 on a new Lenovo W530 laptop running Windows 7. I purchased Office 2013, and am told I need to do the following:
- Go to www.office.com/setup
- Enter your Product Key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
- Sign in with, or create a Microsoft account
- Download your software
When I try this, I get "The Product Key entered was not recognized as a valid Product Key. Please check the characters entered and try again. If the card with your 25 character Office 2013 product key references a PC manufacturer, please use www.office.com/getoffice
to download your new Office product"
I tried using three different browsers, and finally put Firefox into "safe mode". No difference. Same errors.
When I first started doing this, I went to www.office.com/setup
Originally, that was the webpage I tried to use (but getting the error message).
Something changed after half an hour - I noticed that I was now being taken to https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/ instead of office.com/setup .........maybe someone was working on the server?
- I tried something else, to ask for help.
- While on https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/ I went to the top-right-corner and clicked on the link "Get Support".
- This takes me to a new page https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/Default/Support with three large boxes, one for FAQ, one for Customer Support, and one for Get Started.
- I click in the middle box, near the bottom where it says "Contact Support".
- I get an error page "An error has occurred", with the message: We are sorry but an error has occurred and we cannot setup your
Office 365 account at this time. Please save the Product Key below and come back to
and try again later. If you continue having problems, please
Something is quite mixed up. I'm certainly not trying to install Office 365 !!!
I've tried this from two computers, using three different browsers. I've tried it not logged into Microsoft, and while logged in. I always get the error messages, regardless of whether I type in my Product Key by hand, or copy/paste.
Is there a support number I can call, to try to get the Microsoft Website to work properly?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
my office 2013 product key does not work
Can you answer these?
- Answer Outlook 2010: Missing Delegates Option
- Answer Excel Formula Result showing Zero
- Answer Getting an error when trying to attach a pdf document to an email
- Answer copy data to html form from ecxcel
- Answer Office 2013 will not install properly
- Answer One Note app on LG Nexus 4
- Answer My mouse wheel makes excel get larger and smaller rather than moving down the page. How can I change this?
- Answer trying to install trial version....streaming stops at about 90% what's wrong
- Answer Microsoft Excel 2010 limiting the cell size.
- Answer outlook 2012 admin is marking as read?