Office 2013 Word Keeps Freezing (Not responding)Content on this page is from Microsoft Office Community
Date Published: 04/02/2013 12:00 PM
I have just purchased Office 2013 and have used Word for a couple of minutes, but it repeatedly stops responding in specific scenarios.
It is far too buggy for me to migrate from my previous version of Office.
Situations in which it freezes:
- Opening the options menu
- On start up (when it claims that it is not the default program) - I fixed this one by making it the default program for everything
- Closing the word document and choosing not to save
- Scrolling through a very long document
Excel does not seem to have the same bugs, and I have successfully reached the options page on that program to turn off graphics acceleration.
The main reason I purchased Office 2013 was for Word and I would really like to have it functioning properly.
I am currently very disappointed and annoyed.
Other (possibly) relevant details
Platform: Windows 7
Microsoft Office 2003
Microsoft 2010 Starter (pre-installed on laptop purchase)
Thanks for the help.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Office 2013 Word Keeps Freezing (Not responding)
Can you answer these?
- Answer Can I pass ByVal array in VBA?
- Answer CD-RW
- Answer Updating issues
- Answer I am unable to send an e-mail with Outlook 2010
- Answer How to sync contacts (only) between Outlook 2003 and Nexus 7
- Answer Using Include Text (with database) on a Word table
- Answer when I try open office 13 is says it's busy updating.
- Answer Aligning Records in Two Access Tables
- Answer Too many Desktop Alerts Outlook 2010
- Answer In the "office policy manual" template, where is the source for the [Organization Name] field?