Office 2013 Word Keeps Freezing (Not responding)Content on this page is from Microsoft Office Community
Date Published: 04/02/2013 12:00 PM
I have just purchased Office 2013 and have used Word for a couple of minutes, but it repeatedly stops responding in specific scenarios.
It is far too buggy for me to migrate from my previous version of Office.
Situations in which it freezes:
- Opening the options menu
- On start up (when it claims that it is not the default program) - I fixed this one by making it the default program for everything
- Closing the word document and choosing not to save
- Scrolling through a very long document
Excel does not seem to have the same bugs, and I have successfully reached the options page on that program to turn off graphics acceleration.
The main reason I purchased Office 2013 was for Word and I would really like to have it functioning properly.
I am currently very disappointed and annoyed.
Other (possibly) relevant details
Platform: Windows 7
Microsoft Office 2003
Microsoft 2010 Starter (pre-installed on laptop purchase)
Thanks for the help.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Office 2013 Word Keeps Freezing (Not responding)
Can you answer these?
- Answer Microsoft Office Small Business 2007.
- Answer How do I deactivate 2013 Outlook "Off Line" switch; e.g., turn it on to connect to my e-mail server?
- Answer Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file (.ost)
- Answer MS Office 365 Home Premium Product.
- Answer If both Office 2010 and 2013 running, remove 2010?
- Answer Login and account
- Answer Need help adding cells across multiple worksheets using SUMIF and Vlookup?
- Answer Read-Only page vs Editable page
- Answer unsync outlook from gmail
- Answer Trouble Connecting