Error Code 8007007E when installing KB2761494Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Date Published: 12/23/2012 8:13 PM
I have read the two posts about the same issue and followed the three methods posted by as replies. Using the three suggested methods I have the following problems:
Method 1 - Clean boot - This does not work, still get the message "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting Changes"
Method 2 - Troubleshooting using Microsoft "Fixit", I am download it fine, but when it begins installing it is unable and says it cannot open the ".diagcab" file
Method 3 - Which is resetting Windows Update also says can't open hte ".diacab" file.
I ran a sfc/scannow and it says that it found corrupt files but was unable to fix. I can give you the details if you can tell me how to read the log.
Update KB2753842 was successful.
The computer is a Compaq Presario
Running Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 2
32bit Operating System
I am also runnging Norton 360, subscription is current.
Please help with any suggestions to fix this. While I have norton, I do want the computer to have the current patches/updates.
Thank you .
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Error Code 8007007E when installing KB2761494
Can you answer these?
- Answer Sharepoint Activex control does not work for SharePoint datasheet view
- Answer How can I change my billing info when I don't have help or settings on my msn page?
- Answer Cursor does not launch icons
- Answer from win 8.1 to win 7 ?
- Answer How can I get all permissions for Windows .dll folders
- Answer windows xp home edition service pack 2 - update doesn't work
- Answer fix it automaticamente resolu��o de problemas amov�vel unidade CD DVD ler escrever
- Answer Windows Installer error code 1721 for windows 8
- Answer Dos commands
- Answer Clash between metro app and Visual Basic