Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Date Published: 12/01/2012 8:00 PM
I am trying to connect my laptop with a fresh install of windows 8 pro to an existing homegroup from windows 7 but am getting the following error:
"Windows no longer detects a homegroup on the network"
The main computer is hosting it properly as I left the group with a different computer and reconnected and that was fine.
So far I have ensured that the time is set properly on all the computers.
None of them are the same name.
I tried with my internet security program disabled.
checked the services on the computers are running.
and ran that troubleshootin program and that didnt help
any ideas why this might not be working work be appreciated?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"
Can you answer these?
- Answer Do Windows 8 metro/modern apps work with non-UVC web cameras?
- Answer uuid:7e5f34e0-afda-4e88-8a49-f5c094bf2205
- Answer im trying to download 32 bit wic(windows imaging component) but there is no download tab ? how can i get that
- Answer Unable to delete iTunes files
- Answer i have my cell phone tethered to my laptop but i want to tether the laptop with an ethernet to my xbox is this possible?
- Answer I previously ripped a cd to my harddrive. I deleted the files by accident and now I am unable to rip the same CD back onto my computer.
- Answer Can I install AHCI driver after win 7 installation?
- Answer how to reinstall windows without old drivers?
- Answer my mouse and keyboard stopped working suddenly...one minute I had them, next minute I didn't
- Answer "expand option greyed out in disk manager"