Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"Content on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Date Published: 12/01/2012 8:00 PM
I am trying to connect my laptop with a fresh install of windows 8 pro to an existing homegroup from windows 7 but am getting the following error:
"Windows no longer detects a homegroup on the network"
The main computer is hosting it properly as I left the group with a different computer and reconnected and that was fine.
So far I have ensured that the time is set properly on all the computers.
None of them are the same name.
I tried with my internet security program disabled.
checked the services on the computers are running.
and ran that troubleshootin program and that didnt help
any ideas why this might not be working work be appreciated?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Cannot connect to homegroup "no longer detected"
Can you answer these?
- Answer Can't Print to Network Printer
- Answer rip cd problem windows 7
- Answer oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
- Answer Definition Update For Microsoft Security Essentials/KB2310138(Definition 1.141.1970.0) Failed on 12-15-2012@8:30P.M./Code:=80072F78
- Answer windows 8.1 wont allow computer to sleep
- Answer my web cam doesnt work.
- Answer Clock Program for Windows 8 Desktop
- Answer Sony VAIO T'series laptop's rapid wake not working after re install windows 8
- Answer my pc
- Answer I have been attempting to install WinPCSIGN software on my desk top but I receive an error message.