documents.library-ms is no longer workingContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Hello, I am using the release version of Windows 8 and it's been fine since but yesterday my explorer document, music, pictures and video libraries and everything that points to them no longer work. Their icons have also changed. I can't think of a particular change that may have caused this. I have not installed any new software in the last few days.
When I click on any library I get the message:
[libararyName].library-ms is no longer working. This library can be safely deleted from your computer. Folders that have been included will not be affected.
[libraryName] being Documents, Music, etc.
I found another threat from April (pre-release) on others that experienced this. The answer was to remove the libraries and reset them or do a system restore. That's fine, expect I am more wondering what caused the issue in the first place. I wonder what the mechanism behind the libraries is - is it a service that has failed? Where is the configuration stored and has it become corrupt and why?
I had all my libraries setup in a custom way with numerous folders included in different libraries so it's going to be bothersome to set them up again especially without knowing why they failed in the first place.
Anyone else experience this issue?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
documents.library-ms is no longer working
Can you answer these?
- Answer Corrupt common files and I can't fix it, what should I do?
- Answer Removing win7 32-bit from dualboot
- Answer How to change pre-login image in Windows 8
- Answer My libraries aren't working!
- Answer need dll
- Answer WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE
- Answer Changing my printer from offline to online
- Answer Microsoft Wireless Mouse Update FAILED to install inWindows 7. Same error appears twice.
- Answer Recovering windows 8 product key
- Answer USB Controllers Conflict in Dell Dimension 2400