kb2887069 causing sound driver issuesContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
kb2887069 which appears to affect some of the kernel sound drivers is causing windows to 'invalidate' the proper drivers used by the device. I have three sound outputs on my system, two internal, one external. an with the kb2887069 installed, the normal drivers are changed to generic drivers and windows treats the proper device drivers as invalid, not allowing their re-install. additional 3 non-existant Digital Audio (HDMI) devices show up in both device manager and in playback devices that are listed as unplugged.
affected devices are :
Conexant SmartAudio HD
Nvidia HDMI audio port
Creative Labs Recon3D Omega Wireless
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
kb2887069 causing sound driver issues
Can you answer these?
- Answer Is it true I cannot do a clean install of Wins8 without a previous Wins OS in my PC?
- Answer Windows Update - KB915597 (Definition 1.137.1152.0) Problems.
- Answer Photo gallery melt down... can't edit.
- Answer my computer wont let me install update KB2680317
- Answer HELP - HELP - HELP! IS ANYONE OUT THERE
- Answer windows xp home wont install apple M M D so I can Use Ipod what do I do? Dont have 99 $ for ms remote service
- Answer On starting up of PC in the desktop mode = Application Error
- Answer Transferring sound to TV from laptop
- Answer I need a usb recovery device for windows 8.1
- Answer Windows 7 Ultimate Operating System Authenticity