.NET Framework 4 Problems with TurboTax 2013 installationContent on this page is from Microsoft Windows Community
Installed TurboTax 2013 and it was working fine. I installed .NET Framework 4.5.1 along with some NVIDIA updates and a UpdateusUser account was created. After doing a system restore to get rid of the User folder, the TurboTax 2013 would not work any more. This had something to do with .Net Framework 4 corrupted.
I posted this on a TurboTax Forum:
After manually uninstalling the TurboTax folders, I finally uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled the .NET 4 programs per Microsoft instructions.. I was able to install the TurboTax CD to clean out the rest of the TurboTax 2013 installation and reinstall TurboTax 2013. Whew! I thought I would have to go back to original computer state. I also updated the .NET 4 installation with 15 Windows updates. Low and behold TurboTax 2013 opened after that also.
( I did create a few restore points along the way)
My real question to the Microsoft Forum is as follows:
There is a .NET Framework 4.5.1 update waiting in my Windows update folder. I Don't know whether to install it or not. That may have been what got me in trouble in the first place. There were also a couple of .NET Framework 1 installations which were deleted using the .NET Cleanup Tool. They didn't show up in the Windows update. Are the .NET Framework 1 installations required. or not.
Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
.NET Framework 4 Problems with TurboTax 2013 installation
Can you answer these?
- Answer acu.exe
- Answer microphone on my laptop doesn't work anymore..(windows 7)
- Answer Im trying to get windows updates but am unable to
- Answer Samsung ATIV smartPC Exchange
- Answer ibibo pool is'nt working due to 3d graphic card
- Answer Error Code 0x80072efd in Windows 8.1 Store.
- Answer Unable to delete iTunes files
- Answer printer "offline"
- Answer Can't burn a disc on my new computer running windows 8.
- Answer How to change the default settings for Print-Scn